Does your house flood each time there are heavy storms, resulting in damage to your home and property? Installing a reliable, fully functioning sump pump can alleviate this problem. Call Bryco Plumbing to learn what sump pump model is best for your property. We provide installation, maintenance, and repair services to the San Fernando Valley and Los Angeles, CA areas. When you schedule an appointment with us, we provide flat-rate pricing!
Is the water coming from your faucets safe for your family to drink? Don’t take any chances. Call us to learn about our water filtration services.
Why You Need a Sump Pump
When it comes to protecting your home against flood waters, your sump pump is one of the most important lines of defense. These systems can help prevent excess water from heavy rain and other moisture from seeping into your house. By keeping the water out of your home, sump pumps can help you avoid severe property damage and costly repairs. These units can also protect you and your family from unsafe living conditions as excess moisture can lead to the growth of mold and bacteria.
Different Types of Sump Pumps
When selecting a sump pump, there are several options available, depending on your needs and preferences. Some varieties include:
- Pedestal sump pumps: These have their pump set at the top of the sump basin, which allows technicians to easily access it if it needs to be repaired or replaced. This unit has a hollow shaft or pipe that runs down to the bottom of the basin where it pumps out the water through an installed impeller apparatus.
- Submersible sump pumps: These have a waterproof motor and are placed into the pit, which allows for more quiet operation.
- Sewage septic pumps: This type of unit is used when black wastewater material has to be moved up a level from below the ground surface, like in a basement. These systems grind the waste into a fine slurry, which is then pumped upward into a septic tank system.
- Septic effluent pumps: These specialty devices force liquefied septic fluids through drain fields.
- Battery backup: This allows your unit to keep working even in the event of a power failure, like during severe storms.
Burst pipes can cause severe damage to your property. Get help by calling us to schedule burst pipe repair services.
Common Sump Pump Problems
Like most systems in your property, occasionally you might encounter issues with your sump pump. Some common problems might include:
- Power failures: If your power goes out during severe storms or extreme weather, your system will fail to work unless you have a battery backup installed. This puts your home at risk for flooding.
- Float valve issues: To avoid serious issues with your unit, make sure that the float valve is free from any obstructions.
- Underpowered pumps: If your unit is not the right size for your home, you should have a new one installed as soon as possible.
- Frozen or clogged discharge pipe: Make sure that the discharge pipes are clean and functioning properly to prevent issues.
- Worn out pump motors: If the motor in your unit wears out, consult a professional to determine if you need to replace the system.
If you encounter these issues, call Bryco Plumbing to schedule repair services with one of our expert sump pump contractors.