Any plumbing issue in a commercial building should be addressed quickly, whether it’s a malfunctioning water heater, a clogged drain, or a leak. The longer a problem goes unrepaired the higher the risk of water damage – and the longer you are inconveniencing the building’s occupants. Call Bryco Plumbing for all of your commercial plumbing needs in the San Fernando Valley and Los Angeles, CA areas. When you schedule an appointment with us, we will bring more than 30 years of experience to the job!
Do you need a new sump pump installed on your property? Contact us to learn about our services.
When to Replace Your Water Heater
It’s important to have a fully functioning water heater in your commercial property to keep the building’s occupants comfortable. To avoid having the system malfunction and leave people coping with cold water, watch for signs that can indicate you need to replace the unit. Some symptoms can include:
- It’s leaking.
- There’s rust in the water.
- Water isn’t getting warm enough.
- It’s unable to drain water through the drain valve.
- There are cracks in the unit.
- The unit is older and is nearing the end of its lifespan.
- It’s losing efficiency, resulting in an interruption of services and a higher utility bill.
- There are signs of rust and corrosion on the unit.
When a pipe bursts at your property, every minute counts to try to limit the damage. Contact us to learn about our burst pipe repair services.
Signs You Have a Hidden Water Leak
If you suspect you have a hidden water leak at your commercial property, it’s important to have it detected and repaired by a professional as soon as possible. The longer the leak persists, the more damage it can cause.
If you notice any of these signs, you should schedule an appointment with a commercial plumbing company:
- The water meter fluctuates and water bills increase even when there hasn’t been a change in usage.
- The floors and walls of the building are discolored or wet.
- There are cracks in the foundation.
When to Schedule Professional Drain Cleaning Services
Are the sinks in your building draining slowly? This can signal a clogged drain. To limit the inconvenience to the occupants, it’s important to get it back to working order quickly by scheduling professional drain cleaning services. Call a professional when you first notice the following problems:
- Slow drains: Backed up drains can signal the early signs of a clog or pipes that have been narrowed due to mineral or grease build-up.
- Recurring clogs: If you experience frequent clogs in your building’s drains, it can mean you’re not completely removing the blockage when doing it yourself. If this happens, you need to hire a professional.
- Multiple clogged drains: If several of your property’s drains are clogged, it can indicate a severe blockage deep within your main line.
- Foul odor: If you smell odors coming from the drains at your property it can signal there’s food trapped inside the pipe, or a more serious problem, like an issue with your sewer line.
- Flooding: Flooding can indicate a serious problem with your drains, like a sewage backup. If you notice flooding in your basement or near a floor drain, you should call a professional to investigate the problem. If it’s a clog, it can cause the drain to stop working completely, and you could end up with contaminated water on your floor.