Water leaks can cause extensive damage to your home and property. If these go undetected for long periods of time it can create expensive repairs you need to fix throughout your home and yard. To catch leaks as soon as possible, contact a water leak detection company at the first signs of an issue. If you suspect you have a leak, call Bryco Plumbing for services in the San Fernando Valley and Los Angeles, CA. We offer 30 years of experience and flat-rate pricing!
Keep your family safe by having gas leaks repaired as soon as possible. Learn about our gas leak detection services!
Risks Associated With Leaking Pipes
While leaking pipes can cause enough anxiety, having a leak you can’t find can be even more stressful. If left undetected, water leaks can cause extensive damage to your home and property, including:
- Damage to your pipes.
- Increase in water bills.
- Flooding of your home and lawn.
- Electrical shortages that pose risks to your entire household.
- Severe property damage to both the inside and outside of your house.
- Health risks caused by mold, mildew, bacteria, or a broken sewer line.
Professional Water Line Leak Detection Techniques
To limit the amount of damage to your home, it’s important to call a professional to inspect your water line as soon as you suspect a leak. A plumber can use his or her experience and specialized equipment to diagnose and repair the issue. Some techniques professionals may use include:
- Dig and drill: Experts might have to dig into certain parts of your yard, or even drill into your walls or your floor to find the source of the leak. Fortunately, most plumbers use this only when necessary.
- Meter detection: Plumbers have a digital apparatus they can use to search for leaks. In this process, a water meter is added on one end of the external points to assess the water pressure to detect if there is a leak present.
- Video camera inspection: Most professionals prefer to use infrared technology to detect leaks. This can involve using a camera that’s designed to take pictures and videos of a pipe at various angles to view any cracks or leaks.
Don’t let your backed-up toilet become a plumbing emergency. Learn about our clogged toilet repair services.
How to Avoid Water Line Leaks
Dealing with a water line leak can be stressful, especially if you have to deal with property damage. Fortunately, there are steps you can take to avoid getting leaks. Some tasks to perform can include:
- Have your pipes inspected regularly to look for issues.
- Replace deteriorating or damaged pipes.
- Insulate your pipes during the winter months.
- Schedule regular drain cleanings.
- Don’t put harmful materials down your drains.
- Plant trees away from pipelines.
- Know where your pipes run underneath the ground to avoid those areas when doing construction projects.