If the water in your sink or tub is not going down, it’s time to call Bryco Plumbing for plumbing services. We offer professional drain cleaning that can eliminate stubborn clogs for good. With over 30 years of experience backing us, our Los Angeles plumbers have seen every clog imaginable—from hair buildup and soap scum to feminine products and other foreign objects. And we are proud to say that our plumbing team has gotten rid of them all using safe, efficient drain cleaning methods. We even leave our customers with helpful tips and tricks to prevent future clogs.
To ensure accurate and reliable sewer repairs, we also provide sewer line video inspection services.
Signs You Need Drain Cleaning
Believe it or not, there are more signs that your drains are clogged than your sink or tub draining slowly. It's important to not wait until your drain is fully stopped before resolving the issue - catching clogged drains early can help prevent corrosion or damage do your pipes.
Common signs your drains need to be cleaned:
- Sluggish draining: If you notice your drain is starting to drain slower than normal, it's likely that you might be dealing with a clog. The severity of the clog will have a direct impact on how quickly or slowly the water drains from your plumbing fixtures.
- Strange noises: When there is an obtrusion in your drain pipe, it prevents the water from flowing freely. This can cause your pipes to make gurgling or bubbling noises as the water tries to pass over the clog.
- Foul odors: When your drains are clogged with hair or food waste this matter can begin to decay in your drain, causing a foul odor when you turn on your faucet.
- Fruit flies: Fruit flies are attracted to food waste so they will be more likely to show up in your kitchen. These flies can be a bit of a nuisance to deal with but are a good indicator that you have a clog in your drain.
- Standing water: If the water in your drains fails to drain at all then the drain is completely blocked by debris. It is important to call a plumber as soon as possible to prevent damage to your pipes.
Benefits of Professional Drain Cleaning in Los Angeles
As a seasoned plumber, we know that many homeowners often choose to deal with clogged drains on their own using store-bought drain cleaners. However, these commercial liquids bring more harm than good. Sure, it can temporarily relieve your drains, but the harsh chemicals can also corrode your pipes and lead to a more expensive repair. This is why calling for professional drain cleaning is a more practical and easy solution.
Other benefits of calling an expert plumber for clogged drains include:
- Clogs are eliminated for good.
- There is little chance for a recurrence.
- Your pipes remain in good condition.
- Your plumbers can determine if the clogs are a sign of a more serious problem.
Our plumbers use specialized tools like plumbing snake and augers to free your drains. We may also recommend hydro jetting if we determine that the clog has moved further down your sewer line.
If you need to remove a stubborn clog from your home, you can count on us for hydrojetting services.
Preventive Drain Maintenance
Your drains help to filter and flush away water and debris, whether it’s shampoo down a bath drain or food particles down the kitchen sink. However, drains will often succumb to clogs when serving this purpose. Here are a few drain maintenance tips and ways to keep your drains free of clogs.
- Install strainers in kitchen sinks: Installing a strainer will help to reduce the hassle of having to thoroughly clean your kitchen drain. The strainer will catch food and other particles, ensuring only water and food oils enter the drain.
- Rinse kitchen drains with hot water: Hot water makes the oils in food products run easier and faster down the drain. Run some hot water for a couple of seconds once you’ve poured food oil down the sink.
- Dispose of common clogging waste in other ways: There are plenty of ways to get rid of clogging materials other than dumping them down the drain. Add coffee grounds to a mulch pile or throw them away in the garbage and save cooking grease in a can and pour it into the trash.
- Pour a cup of vinegar down the drain: Vinegar is a natural cleaner. Its acidic content can help to remove the organic buildup of foods and other oils in your drain pipes. Pour a cup of vinegar down the drain then let it sit for about half an hour before rinsing.
Same-Day Appointments Available Throughout San Fernando Valley
Bryco Plumbing understands how disruptive plumbing problems are, especially clogged drains. When you contact us, our plumbers can come and solve your drain issues on the same day of your call. We are also available for emergency drain cleaning in San Fernando Valley and the greater Los Angeles area.