Are there spots on your glasses when you take them out of the dishwasher? Are there crystals forming on your faucets, or hard-water stains on your appliances? Hard water can silently cause damage to your home and your appliances. To avoid this, call Bryco Plumbing to learn about our water softener installation services. We bring more than 30 years of experience to each and every appointment in the San Fernando Valley and Los Angeles, CA areas.
If you suspect there is an issue with your gas line, take action quickly to keep your family safe. Call us to schedule gas line services.
What Are the Benefits of Water Softeners?
If you have hard water, water softeners can help provide several benefits, including extending the lifespan of your appliances and pipes. Some of the other advantages can include:
- Cleaner and shinier silverware and glassware.
- Softer and cleaner hair and skin.
- Less housework by eliminating the need to remove soap scum from the shower or tub.
- Softer fabrics, as they no longer have hard minerals trapped inside of them. Your fabrics will also last longer, and stay brighter.
- Longer lasting water-using appliances, such as coffee and ice makers, dishwashers, washing machines, and water heaters.
Water Softener Maintenance Tips
To keep your water softener functioning properly, it’s important to keep it well maintained. Some tasks you should perform include:
- Add rock salt to the unit on a regular basis, or when it dips below a certain level.
- Clean the system at least once a year.
- Have your unit inspected by a certified plumber regularly.
If you suspect you have a leak under your property’s foundation, get help quickly to limit the damage. Learn about our slab leak services.
Signs You Have Hard Water
Hard water can cause damage to your appliances and plumbing. To prevent this, it’s important to treat it with a water softener. Some signs that can signal you have hard water can include:
- Spots on glasses: If you notice spots on your glassware after washing them.
- Low water pressure: If you notice your shower head and faucets have low water pressure, it can signal there is a buildup of minerals that is clogging the fixtures.
- Faded clothing: If your clothes are starting to fade in color and are starting to wear out.
- Irritation: If your skin feels dry and your hair is brittle.