Issues with your main water line might start small with a minor leak, but they can soon become a major problem that can cause extensive damage to your house and property. When you need water line repairs and replacements, call Bryco Plumbing. With more than 30 years of experience, our experts can identify and repair the issue at your home in the San Fernando Valley and Los Angeles, CA areas. We provide flat-rate pricing when you schedule services with us!
When a pipe bursts, you need to take action fast! Contact us to learn about our burst pipe repair services.
Common Water Main Issues
If left untreated, problems with your main water line can cause severe damage to your property. Some common issues you should watch for that require professional repairs can include:
- Holes or cracks: External corrosion from soil or frost can cause holes or cracks to form in the line.
- Pressure: Pressure can cause lines to break, resulting in water flowing out of the pipes and to the surface - including on the street, your lawn, or even the basement of your home. This can lead to contaminated water in your house, so your household should stop using water to be safe.
- Leaky water valve: Leaky valves can be common issues. Contact a professional to repair or replace the valve if you suspect you have a problem.
How to Detect a Leak
With water line problems, the sooner you can detect an issue and have it replaced, the better. There are signs around your home or property you can watch for that can signal an issue, including:
- Mold or mildew on the walls or floor.
- Wet spots on the floors or walls.
- Grass that is lusher than usual. This can indicate a leak that’s providing extra fertilizer to your lawn.
- Running water meter even when the fixtures are turned off.
If you notice any of these signs, contact a professional who can use specialized equipment to detect and repair an issue.
If you suspect you have a leak on your property, don’t delay before seeking help. Learn about our water leak detection services.
Water Main Repair and Replacement Tips
Replacing the main water line can be a large undertaking, and must be done by an experienced professional. When you suspect you need your line repaired or replaced, it’s important to follow the right steps. These can include:
- Call a professional: If you suspect you have a problem, you should call an expert to diagnose and repair the issue.
- Know the signs for a full replacement: It can be difficult to determine if you need to replace your system. Some signs that can indicate you need a new system installed can be the age of your home and if you’ve had frequent plumbing issues. A professional can help you determine the best option for you.
- Know your options: Trenchless options can allow you to replace your line without having to dig up your entire yard.
- Be safe: Call 8-1-1 before any work is done on your water line to ensure there are no dangers near the pipes or electrical or gas lines.