Are you looking for a new water heater for your home? Consider installing a tankless water heater for a more energy-efficient piece of equipment. As the name suggests, a tankless water heater comes without the traditional storage tank. It works by heating water on-demand or as you turn on the faucet. And because there is no need to repeatedly heat water as standard tank water heaters do, homeowners like you can expect significant savings on energy costs.
If you live in Woodland Hills or the Greater Los Angeles Area, Bryco Plumbing can help you select and install the right brand or model of a tankless water heater. Our plumbing team is experienced and trained, ensuring timely and efficient installation.
Do you suspect an issue with your plumbing system? Call us for reliable plumbing repairs.
What a Tankless Water Heater Installation Entails
The installation process for a tankless water heater will primarily depend on the size of your system, type of fuel you’ll be using and your existing electricity, water, and gas setups.
The process typically involves:
- Installing necessary wiring, water lines, and gas lines: Before the actual heating unit can be installed, the contractor will need to prep wiring, water lines, and, for gas units, gas lines need to be ready to feed into the new heating system. If you’re installing an electrical unit, you may have to upgrade your breaker box since heaters use a significant amount of electricity.
- Mount your heater: The installer will then mount the actual unit. Since tankless water heaters are compact, they can be installed on most flush wall surfaces.
- Connect water lines: Once your on-demand water heater is in place, your installer can go ahead and connect all necessary inputs. That means hooking up the water lines, and for a gas unit, tying in the gas line and a ventilation system to get rid of exhaust fumes produced during the heating process.
- Connect to the electrical system: The final step involves connecting your new tankless system to your home’s electrical system. Once the system has been hooked up, tested and adjusted, you’re ready to start using your new water heater.
Advantages of Tankless Water Heaters
In addition to energy-efficiency, tankless water heaters are also compact and can be easily installed behind a cabinet in the bathroom. Additionally, if it’s time for a replacement, you don’t have to worry about the hassle of removing a large storage tank from your home.
See the other advantages of a tankless water heater below:
- Never runs out of hot water.
- Available in both electric and gas models.
- Has a longer lifespan.
- Comes with longer warranties.
- May be eligible for tax incentives and rebates.
Schedule plumbing maintenance today to ensure you have a healthy plumbing system!
The Downsides of Tankless Water Heaters
As your trusted plumbers, Bryco Plumbing wants to provide you with all the necessary information about tankless water heaters. Like any other piece of equipment, tankless water heaters also have their disadvantages.
Some of the downsides include:
- Higher initial cost.
- Inconsistent temperatures when hot water is used simultaneously.
- Larger households may need more than one tankless unit.
Many of the homeowners we’ve talked to, however, think that the advantages of a tankless water heater far outweigh the drawbacks. Whether you agree with them or you are now leaning more toward a traditional tank, our plumbers are ready to help. We are highly trained and experienced in installing, repairing, and maintaining both tank-style and tankless water heaters.