You need to drink plenty of water each day to stay healthy -- as long as the water is safe and purified. To ensure your water is safe for your family’s consumption, call Bryco Plumbing for whole-house water filtration system repairs and installations in the San Fernando Valley and Los Angeles, CA areas. When you schedule an appointment with us, we guarantee to provide flat-rate pricing so there are no surprises later!
Is hard water ruining your appliances or piping system? Learn about our water softener services.
Common Problems With Water Filtration Systems
Various types of water filtration systems can experience different types of problems. These can range from minor issues you can repair on your own, to larger ones that can require the help of a professional:
- Clogged filters: If you have a carbon filtration system, you will need to change the filters on a regular basis. If not, the unit can stop functioning properly.
- Malfunctioning pump: If you have a reverse osmosis system, the pump may develop issues that could diminish your water pressure. Have it inspected by a professional to ensure it’s working properly.
- Takes too long to filter: If you have a water distillation system, while it may encounter fewer problems than other models, it can take longer to properly filter your water.
Maintenance You Should Perform on Water Filtration Systems
Depending on the type of water filtration system you have in your home, you will need to perform various maintenance tasks to keep the unit working properly. Some house-keeping items you will need to do include:
- Periodically replace carbon filters when they become dirty and clogged.
- Clean or replace the membrane, and service the pump regularly in a reverse osmosis system.
- Clean components used in the water distillation process.
- Replace the bulbs in ultraviolet water filters regularly.
If not treated quickly, a clogged toilet can lead to a plumbing emergency. Learn about our clogged toilet repair services.
Types of Water Filtration Systems
When selecting a water purification system for your Los Angeles home, you have several options. Here are various types and their benefits:
- Charcoal filters: Very widely used and tend to be cost-effective.
- Sediment filters: Good for filtering well water.
- Water distillers: Use energy to remove Cryptosporidium and minerals.
- Reverse osmosis: Removes Cryptosporidium and minerals to create bottle-quality water.
- Alkaline water ionizers: Add a millivolt charge to water and minerals, and shift the pH level.
- Ultraviolet water filters: Destroy germs, but the bulbs have a limited lifespan and need to be replaced.
- Magnetic water filters: Reshape water minerals with magnets.
- Infrared water filters: Passively reshape the water structure.
- Catalytic systems: Use resin bead coatings to target specific toxins in the water.